Digital Camera Deals
Created due to popular demand, this presents and gifts section will help
you understand about digital cameras, some great deals
out there, and what you should expect from digital cameras.
What is a digital camera
There are hundreds of digital cameras makes, models and accessories out there,
here is a list of buzz-words you may need to know;
- Megapixels - The number of pixels in a camera's image
sensor is very important. Generally speaking, as the number of megapixels
increases, so does the image quality and the size of the enlargements you
can make from your digital files. Today, cameras with four to six megapixels
can produce images up to 13x19 inches that would really be spectacular.
- Zoom Range - The zoom range on a lens specifies the wide-angle
to telephoto settings. A camera lens with a 2X zoom range will not get you
as "close" to a subject as a camera lens with a 4X zoom range.
For sports and portraits, consider a camera with a lens having at least
a 4X to 8X zoom.
- White Balance - Virtually all digital cameras have a
white balance control. The control is designed to make the whites in a scene
look white, and therefore make all the other colours in the scene reproduce
accurately. Many pros suggest not shooting on "automatic white balance."
Rather, they suggest setting the white balance for the specific lighting
condition — "cloudy,'' "sunny,'' "shady,'' etc...
- Memory & Memory Cards - The amount of memory within
a digital camera controls how many pictures your camera can hold. Basically,
the higher the resolution of an image (see Megapixels above) then the more
memory the image will use within the camera. Memory Cards are removeable
media (up to 512MB) that can hold your pictures while you use another memory
card for additional pictures.
Choose a Digital Camera
Sony DSC-P52 Digital Camera
- 1/2.7" 3.2 MegaPixel effective Super HAD CCD image sensor (3.3 Megapixel
gross) for 2,048 x 1,536-pixel images
- Digital Smart zoom up to 6.4x magnification
- 1.6-inch TFT LCD monitor
- Apertures from f/3.8 to f/11
- Sepia tint and solarization image effects
- 2 sec. - 1/1000 sec. shutter speed
- Automatic ISO or 100, 200, and 400 equivalent settings
- 7 flash modes
- Adjustable flash sensitivity
- Images saved to MemoryStick or MemoryStick Pro memory cards (16MB card
- Power supplied by two AA batteries or optional AC adapter
- PRICE: £153.99
for more information and an updated price for the Sony DSC-P52 Digital Camera